According to the Dublin descriptors, students, at the end of the course, will demonstrate:
1) knowledge and understanding skills such as to reinforce those achieved in the first cycle; ability to elaborate and / or apply original ideas, in a research context.
2) ability to apply knowledge and understanding and ability to solve problems to new or unfamiliar issues, inserted in broader (or interdisciplinary) contexts connected to one's field of study;
3) ability to integrate knowledge and to formulate judgments on the basis of information that is not necessarily complete;
4) ability to communicate one's knowledge clearly and unambiguously to specialist and non-specialist interlocutors.
5) ability to carry out research autonomously.
1) the course on Experiences and interpretations of the literary Eight/Twentieth century aims to provide an articulated methodological approach to texts and authors from Italian literature, from a philological, intertextual, and thematic perspective.
2) this year’s course focuses on Pirandello’s novel in relation to Western culture, as an ideal case to discuss issues related to the philology of printed texts; grasp the intertextuality that is in the background of great literature; and address the issues of a complex and decisive textual hermeneutics for contemporary Italian and European literature.
The course includes lectures, workshops and seminars.
If the teaching is given in a mixed or remote mode, the necessary changes may be introduced with respect to what was previously stated, in order to comply with the program envisaged and reported in the Syllabus
Pirandello’s novel in Western culture. The in-depth monographic study will focus on Il turno. Two seminars are planned: one on L’Esclusa, another on contemporary Italian poetry.
The student will read two novels by Pirandello, in the recommended edition or in an edition of the student's choice:
The course assumes reading of:
Students will also read:
And a book of the student’s choice from:
For further study, the student can draw freely from the following reference bibliography:
Please remember that in compliance with art 171 L22.04.1941, n. 633 and its amendments, it is illegal to copy entire books or journals, only 15% of their content can be copied.
For further information on sanctions and regulations concerning photocopying please refer to the regulations on copyright (Linee Guida sulla Gestione dei Diritti d’Autore) provided by AIDRO - Associazione Italiana per i Diritti di Riproduzione delle opere dell’ingegno (the Italian Association on Copyright).
All the books listed in the programs can be consulted in the Library.
|1||Lettura integrale de ''Il turno''||L. Pirandello, Il turno. Saggi|
|2||Lettura integrale de ''L'esclusa''||L. Pirandello, L’Esclusa. Saggi|
|3||Autori e testi in dialogo con Pirandello||L. Sterne, La vita e le opinioni di Tristam Shandy, gentiluomo; J. Swift, I viaggi di Gulliver; B. Pascal, Pensieri; M. de Montaigne, Saggi.|